Welcome to Special Olympics Colorado! You are about to become part of an exciting training and competition network that will give you firsthand experience in the transformational power of sports. In Colorado, Special Olympics participation encompasses 21 official sports, unified sports, athlete leadership, health & fitness initiatives and Young Athletes (2-7 years old) opportunities. Beyond that, there are opportunities to be involved with Special Olympics Colorado at every age!
Step 1: Choose your sport(s)
Step 2: Fill out the online athlete application (please note: online applications only will be accepted starting January 1, 2021).
– Click here for details regarding the required physical examination form and other application best practices
– Click here for detailed application instructions
Step 3: Contact your regional manager (based on your county of residence)
Step 4: Connect with a team club near you, and start practicing!
Special Olympics Colorado athletes must be at least 8 years old (Young Athletes click here) and identified by an agency, or professional, as having one of the following:
- Intellectual disability
- Cognitive delays as measured by formal assessment
- Significant learning or vocational problems due to cognitive delay that requires, or required, specially designed instruction
Have questions? Contact our Help Desk.
Online applications only will be accepted starting January 1, 2021.
It is completely free to compete and participate in Special Olympics Colorado programming – there may be fees through your local team in order to access facilities or purchase uniforms etc., which is dependent on individual circumstance.
- Figure Skating
- Speed Skating
- Alpine Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Athletics (Track & Field)
- Motor Activity Training Program (MATP)
- Flag Football