- This event has passed.
Boulder Plunge & 5K
April 10 @ 8:00 am - 1:30 pm
Boulder Polar Plunge & 5K
presented by Westerra Credit Union
Saturday, April 10, 2021
8:30 AM – Running Registration Opens
9:00 AM – First Run Wave:
Day of runners accepted. 50 runners per wave, waves are every 30 minutes with the last wave at 10:00 AM. All runners must wear their mask at ALL times.
9:45 AM – Boulder Memoriam
10:00 AM – First Plunge Wave:
The following waves will take place every 30 minutes after the first plunge wave until the last team plunges at 11:30 AM
5565 51st St, Boulder, CO 80301
Online registration has closed as of 5:00 PM on Friday, April 5!
In person registration is available the day of the Boulder Polar Plunge & 5K.
– Day of 5K Registration: $45
– Day of Polar Plunge Registration: $75 (adults), $50 (athletes or students)
– Day of Polar Plunge sign-ups are allowed at any time!
Please contact Stacy Cruz, LETR Assistant at 720-359-3119 with any questions or concerns!
On Saturday, April 10 at the Boulder Polar Plunge, we will come together to honor the lives lost while carrying on their legacy of love, joy and inclusion.
We are working closely with the City of Boulder to stay within the approved outdoor event capacity and maintain social distancing while making this a special opportunity to come together.
Special Olympics Colorado will be donating to the Boulder County Injured & Fallen Officer Fund in honor of Officer Talley and to the Boulder County Community Foundation to support the families of the victims.
Three Ways to Get Involved in the Boulder Polar Plunge!
Run a 5K
sponsored by Anytime Fitness
Fee: $45 Fundraising Minimum
Runners receive a knit pom pom beanie, access to the gated Plunge Plaza where we’ll have socially distanced vendors, hot cocoa, and more. Plus runners receive an “After Splash Bash – At Home” kit with discounts and coupons for free drinks/food from their local restaurants and breweries.
Start Times and Run Times
Start times for the run will be in waves with a limited # of runners per wave. Run times will start at 9:00 AM and end at 11:00 AM. All runners need to be off the course by 12:15 PM.
Run map will be posted soon!
presented by Westerra Credit Union
Fee: $75 Fundraising Minimum
Plungers receive a long-sleeve Polar Plunge t-shirt, access to Plunge Plaza and an “After Splash Bash – At Home” kit with discounts and coupons for free drinks/food from local restaurants and breweries.
*Start times for the plunge will be in waves starting at 11:00 AM (may fluctuate a little bit depending on city ordinance).
Run & Plunge
**New incentive if you do both**
Fee: $120 Fundraising Minimum
Your Team Captain will get to choose your run and plunge times before access is given to those who are just running or just plunging to ensure that you can participate in both.
Warm up with a run before your brave Plunge and receive all of the benefits above!
Each plunge will award “top fundraising trophies” to the categories below and one “team spirit” trophy:
Highest Fundraising Team Overall, Highest Fundraising Individual, Highest Fundraising Law Enforcement Team, and Highest Fundraising School.
PLEASE READ – Event Health and Safety Modifications
- Before entering the registration line, all participants will need to go through the medical screening area where you’ll be checked for your temperature and mask.
- Must sign up for a plunge and/or run time in order to comply with the city ordinance.
- No spectators (we’re sorry!). In order to stay within city ordinance and get participants through quickly, we can’t have spectators this year.
- The entrance into the water from the beach (the Plunge) will have three “swim” rows marked by ropes with buoys spaced 6ft apart. Teams will plunge in groups of at least three and be socially distanced while waiting in line.
- We will have multiple changing tents that can accommodate no more than 2 people (from different households), or 4 people from the same household. Public restroom showers will not be available.
- After the run or plunge, participants can briefly access the gated Plunge Plaza area to enjoy small bites and giveaways. After exiting Plunge Plaza, participants must leave in order for the next wave of participants to come through.
- In lieu of an in-person after party, Plungers will receive an “After Splash-At Home” digital kit with lots of free deals from local restaurants and breweries to enjoy at your leisure.
- The Polar Plunge Team Captain will be the primary point of contact between their team and the Event Director. The Team Captain will be responsible for disseminating reminders and important updates to their team (i.e. separate transportation to the event, meeting time and place, mask reminders, event logistics and safety measures, etc).
- Teams larger than 10 may be split into two or more different wave times. This is all dependent on the city ordinance 2 weeks prior to the event.