Colorado Springs Polar Plunge & 5K
April 24 @ 7:15 am - 4:00 pm
Head into the great outdoors and venture over to the the UCHealth Park in Colorado Springs to plunge in support of Special Olympics Colorado athletes!
Run a 5K
sponsored by Anytime Fitness
Fee: $45 Fundraising Minimum
Runners receive a knit pom pom beanie, access to the gated Plunge Plaza where we’ll have socially distanced vendors, hot cocoa, and more.
Start Times and Run Times
Start times for the run will be in waves with a limited # of runners per wave. Run times will start at 9:00 AM and end at 11:00 AM. All runners need to be off the course by 12:15 PM.
Run map will be posted soon!
presented by Westerra Credit Union
Fee: $75 Fundraising Minimum
Plungers receive a long-sleeve Polar Plunge t-shirt, access to Plunge Plaza and an “After Splash Bash – At Home” kit with discounts and coupons for free drinks/food from local restaurants and breweries.
*Start times for the plunge will be in waves starting at 9:30 AM (may fluctuate a little bit depending on city ordinance).
Run & Plunge
Fee: $120 Fundraising Minimum
Your Team Captain will get to choose your run and plunge times before access is given to those who are just running or just plunging to ensure that you can participate in both.
Warm up with a run before your brave Plunge and receive all of the benefits above!
Each plunge will award “top fundraising trophies” to the categories below and one “team spirit” trophy:
Highest Fundraising Team Overall, Highest Fundraising Individual, Highest Fundraising Law Enforcement Team, and Highest Fundraising School.
PLEASE READ – Event Health and Safety Modifications
- Before entering the registration line, all participants will need to go through the medical screening area where you’ll be checked for your temperature and mask.
- Must sign up for a plunge and/or run time in order to comply with the city ordinance.
- No spectators (we’re sorry!). In order to stay within city ordinance and get participants through quickly, we can’t have spectators this year.
- After the run or plunge, participants can access the gated Plunge Plaza and After Splash Bash to enjoy small bites and giveaways. Please limit your time spent in this area as new waves of teams will be filtering through to enjoy as well.
- The Polar Plunge Team Captain will be the primary point of contact between their team and the Event Director. The Team Captain will be responsible for disseminating reminders and important updates to their team (i.e. separate transportation to the event, meeting time and place, mask reminders, event logistics and safety measures, etc).
- Teams larger than 10 may be split into two or more different wave times. This is all dependent on the city ordinance 2 weeks prior to the event.