- This event has passed.
Healthy Relationships and Boundaries Part One
January 26 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
In this webinar, Terri Couwenhoven will be speaking as part of Special Olympics Colorado’s Family Health Forum. Part One’s programming is catered towards family members, caregivers, staff members, coaches, and other support people of our athletes.
Don’t Cross the Line! Navigating Boundary Confusion in People with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities
Boundary confusion is a frequent occurrence observed or experienced by people who care about and support individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Following this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe 4 reasons why boundaries are important
- Identify reasons we see boundary confusion in people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities
- Identify modified strategies and resources for healthy boundaries to people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities
I Want to Date! Supporting Healthy Dating Relationships
The need for meaningful connections with others is part of the human condition. People with intellectual disabilities have similar needs, but often encounter a unique set of barriers as they move into the dating world. Following this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Identify common obstacles and barriers frequently experienced by people with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities
- Describe strategies and ideas for teaching key concepts in the dating process