- This event has passed.
Friendship Week – Strong Minds Virtual Retreat
November 22 - November 28
Check out the schedule below for the fourth week of the Strong Minds Virtual Retreat!
Don’t forget to share your progress in our Facebook Group, and tag us on social media with the handles below!
Friendship Week Schedule
- 10:00 AM – Weekly focus: Good friends are good for your health. This week will focus on connecting with others and improving relationships.
- 2:00 PM – Activity: Recipes with friends
Good friends are good for our health, so call up a friend and make a healthy recipe together. This could just be a video chat while you cut up a healthy snack like veggies or you could plan a whole healthy meal together and make it!
- 5:00 PM – Journal prompt: Who would you like to connect with this week?
- 10:00 AM – Give thanks: Thank someone for bringing joy into your life
- 2:00 PM, Interactive via Zoom – Activity: Self Identity Maps
- 5:00 PM – Journal prompt: Complete the following statement- A true friend is…
- 7:00 PM – Trivia with the Youth Activation Committee (YAC)
- 10:00 AM – Phone a friend: Call up a friend and plan a physically distanced activity with one another.
- 2:00 PM – Activity: Carry out the physically distanced activity you planned with your friend!
- 5:00 PM – Journal prompt: Reflect on your Self Identity Map – Which areas do you want to spend more time on?
- 10:00 AM – Workout Wednesday: Connect with a Friend and do a physically distanced workout together – online class, walk, bike ride, you name it!
- 2:00 PM, Interactive via Zoom – Activity: DIY Stationery and Letters of Gratitude
- 5:00 PM – Journal prompt: Reflect on the letter of gratitude you wrote today. If you did not attend the live offering, write a letter of gratitude to a friend or yourself in your journal.
- 10:00 AM – Say thank you: Reach out to someone who has made a positive difference in your life and thank them. Thanksgiving is a perfect time to give thanks to everyone around you.
- 2:00 PM – Activity: Enjoy Thanksgiving Day with your loved ones, remember to thank everyone who has a special place in your life.
- 5:00 PM – Journal prompt: Reflect on the time you spent with your family or friends, and what you are thankful for!
- 10:00 AM – Practice kindness: Do something kind for a friend, family member or neighbor.
- 2:00 PM – Activity: Take time to relax and reflect on this time of gratitude.
- 5:00 PM – Journal prompt: What went well this week?
- 10:00 AM – Unplug: Put away digital devices and spend uninterrupted time with someone you care about.
- 2:00 PM – Activity: Play a game!
Continue your “no digital” day and invite a family member or friend to play a board game or card game with you. In order to maintain physical distance, if this is someone not in your household, you may use video chat to play the game with someone.
- 5:00 PM – Journal prompt: How did it feel to disconnect today?