Helping Others Week – Strong Minds Virtual Retreat
November 29 - December 5
Check out the schedule below for the fifth week of the Strong Minds Virtual Retreat!
Don’t forget to share your progress in our Facebook Group, and tag us on social media with the handles below!
Helping Others Week Schedule
- 10:00 AM – Weekly focus: Helping others can have a positive effect on your own mental health and well-being. This week we will focus on the happiness that comes with helping others.
- 2:00 PM – Activity: Trash clean up
Go for a walk and bring a trash bag and gloves with you, pick up trash along the way to help clean up your community.
- 5:00 PM – Journal prompt: How does doing a good deed for the community make you feel?
- 10:00 AM – Give encouragement: Find and share an encouraging news story to inspire others. Post it on our private Virtual Wellness Challenge Facebook Group and/or post it on your own social media. Don’t have social media? Send it to a friend in a text or email.
- 2:00 PM, Interactive via Zoom – Activity: Group Cohesion
- 5:00 PM – Journal prompt: What does being a good teammate mean to you?
- 7:00 PM – Bingo with the Youth Activation Committee (YAC)
- 10:00 AM – Show support: Reach out to a friend who is having a hard time to let them know you are thinking of them.
- 2:00 PM – Activity: Write a note of encouragement.
This could be encouraging them through a hard time, encouraging them through the rest of the year, encouraging them on an upcoming homework assignment or task at their job.
- 5:00 PM – Journal prompt: Write about a time you helped another person and how it felt to help them.
- 10:00 AM – Workout Wednesday: Invite a friend to work out with you and check in with them after to see how working out made them feel after.
- 2:00 PM, Interactive via Zoom – Activity: Making a greeting card or write a note to someone you care about!
- 5:00 PM – Journal prompt: Answer the question, am I a good listener?
- 10:00 AM – Find a way to do something nice for someone else or support a good cause.
- 2:00 PM – Activity: Donate old items
Helping others looks many different ways. One way to help others is by donating items you no longer use. Take a moment today or this coming weekend and go through your clothes or other items in your home. What do you no longer use? Put it in a box and donate it at your local donation center.
- 5:00 PM – Journal prompt: Look back on the goals we set during week one, how are you progressing with them?
- 10:00 AM – Get cookin: Think about your favorite healthy recipe! Click here to check out Cooking Health with Hanna’s favorite healthy recipes: Oatmeal and Blueberry-Banana Muffins, Protein Pancakes and Smoothies. Click here to check out this special edition of Cooking Health with Hanna to see Special Olympics Colorado athlete Hanna Atkinson make Blueberry-Banana Muffins!
- 2:00 PM – Activity: Cook your favorite healthy recipe for someone you care about.
- 5:00 PM – Journal prompt: How do you stay focused and on track when cooking?