- This event has passed.
Positivity and Joy Week – Strong Minds Retreat
November 15, 2020 - November 21, 2020
Check out the schedule below for the third week of the Strong Minds Virtual Retreat!
Don’t forget to share your progress in our Facebook Group, and tag us on social media with the handles below!
- 10:00 AM – Weekly focus: This week we will focus on the good around us, ways to find more joy, having a positive outlook and having goals to look forward to. Click here to check out a video with more tips on how to think positive!
- 2:00 PM – Activity: Do your favorite activity today that brings your joy. This could be working out, going for a walk, calling a friend, coloring, etc.
- 5:00 PM – Journal prompt: Share something you are proud of, something that brings you joy and something your are looking forward to.
- 10:00 AM – Prep for activity: Think about your hopes and goals for the future and get ready to make a vision board! Gather materials that will be helpful (find what you have at home to use):
- A large piece of paper or a paper box unfolded
- Magazines or images printed from online that you like
- Glue or tape
- Fun stickers
- 2:00 PM – Interactive via Zoom – Activity: Make a vision board with Special Olympics CO Intern, Megan Steele!
- 5:00 PM – Journal prompt: Reflect on your vision board!
- 7:00 PM – Trivia with the Youth Activation Committee (YAC)
- 10:00 AM – Get cookin: Think about what recipe you want to cook. Tacos and drumsticks are Hanna’s favorite meals to make, but click here to check out a special edition video of Cooking Health with Hanna to see one of her favorite snack recipes!
- 2:00 PM Activity – Cook a recipe you enjoy and enjoy it! Share your recipe in the SOCO Virtual Wellness Challenges Facebook Group.
- 5:00 PM – Journal prompt: What is your WHY? Write down how you’re involved with Special Olympics Colorado and what motivates you!
- 10:00 AM – Workout Wednesday: Zumba – Click here to check out some great Zumba videos!
- 2:00 PM – Interactive via Zoom – Activity: Painted rocks with positive messages with a Special Olympics Colorado volunteer.
- 5:00 PM – Journal prompt: Reflect on a time when you had a “Best Performance.”
- 10:00 AM – Take time to reflect: Reflect on something you are proud of!
- 2:00 PM – Activity: Doing art can bring joy. Take a moment today to color and see how you feel after. Click here for a sheet to color! You can print and color them or color them on your smart phone!
- 5:00 PM – Journal prompt: Write down what you are proud of!
- 10:00 AM – Goal progress: Two weeks ago we talked about setting goals. Today, think about a goal you have for yourself and what progress you have made towards accomplishing that goal.
- 2:00 PM – Activity: Carry out the fun and exciting activity that you planned yesterday.
- 5:00 PM – Journal prompt: Reflect on your goal today and what you did on working towards accomplishing your goal.