Welcome to the Colorado Healthy LEAP facilitator page. Here you will find everything you need to successfully implement the program.
Step Three: Order Healthy LEAP Materials
For the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 school year, all new teachers participating in the Special Olympics Colorado Healthy LEAP program can order a free teacher kit and curriculum book. The teacher kit includes the following classroom tools to support the curriculum:
- Finn the Shark Dental Puppet – great for visual learners and helps make learning about good dental hygiene fun for students
- 16×16 My Plate print out to aid in the discussion of food groups and portions.
- A breathing sphere – to help students be aware of their breath and movement
- One set of food model cards – these cards, created by the National Dairy Council, represent true-to-life serving sizes of the individual foods. Nutrient information is provided on the back of each card.
- An inflatable movement ball – best used as a classroom energizer to encourage movement. Students take turns tossing the ball in a circle. Wherever their thumb lands, is the exercise they complete. Imaginative activities include swaying like a tree in the wind, and rolling out a pie crust.