Northeast Regional Manager
- Compensation: The Northeast Regional Manager position is a full-time position with an annual wage range of $52,925-$67,063. A bonus maybe available dependent on organizational performance. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
About Special Olympics Colorado:
Special Olympics Colorado provides year-round sports training and competition for nearly 20,000 athletes with intellectual disabilities and unified partners. Through the support of an amazing community of coaches, volunteers, donors, sponsors and partners, Special Olympics Colorado is able to offer hundreds of annual engagements, free of charge, to individuals age 2 and up. For more information about Special Olympics Colorado please visit SpecialOlympicsCO.org.
At Special Olympics Colorado, we’re committed to building a diverse, creative, engaged, collaborative, and hard-working team that does the right thing for our athletes, our communities, and each other. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and we celebrate this through recognition and benefit enhancements that reflect our changing times and help our employees create a satisfying work-life balance for themselves and their families.
The Northeast Regional Manager is responsible for supporting and providing quality customer service for all athletes, coaches, and local program coordinators in the Northeast Region. The Northeast Regional Manager will lead regional growth, outreach, engagement, customer support, and fundraising activities throughout the region. The Regional Manager will serve as the face of the Northeast Region and is the first point of contact for all constituents (coaches, local program coordinators, athletes, families and care providers, etc.) in the region, and as such, are expected to provide all constituents with connection to programming and quality customer service.
The Regional Manager will balance a workload requiring equal parts administrative responsibilities (email and phone correspondence, data base management, etc.) and region travel responsibilities (attending resource fairs, meeting with prospective agencies, attending team practices). They are responsible for managing team development in their Region so that teams comply with Special Olympics Colorado policies and standards, and Special Olympics International general rules. The office location for this position is flexible but must be located in one of the counties of the Northeast Region of Colorado: Adams, Boulder, Broomfield, Cheyenne, Clear Creek, Gilpin, Kit Carson, Larimer, Lincoln, Logan, Morgan, Phillips, Sedgwick, Washington, Weld and Yuma Counties.
People who thrive in this role tend to:
- Have a passion for sport and working with individuals with intellectual disabilities
- Have a proven high-level, quality customer service
- Be energized by a wide range of different personalities
- Be a self-starter, able to work independently
- Be fulfilled by a fast paced, continually evolving environment
- Be an assertive and confident decision-maker
- Multitask well and can balance a complex and full workload
Reports to: Senior Director of Regional Services
- Serve as an extension of the State office by creating and implementing a comprehensive outreach plan to attract more athletes, Unified partners, coaches, volunteers, and other constituents to the SOCO movement.
- Ensure timely and comprehensive ongoing communication with athletes, Local Programs, coaches, volunteers, donors, and families.
- Meet annual growth expectations for new athletes, as well as retention of current athletes and local programs.
- Manage seasonal registration platform for the Northeast region to manage participant team placement, including provide information, support, and direction to all inquiries regarding individual participation for potential athletes, Unified partners, coaches and families.
- Recruit, train and support new local programs and community level teams.
- In collaboration with the Unified Champion Schools department, assist in the seamless transition of athletes from school-based to community programs and teams.
- Identify and steward partnerships within the region with philanthropic groups such as Arc’s, Knight of Columbus, Lions Clubs, and other service organizations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local businesses to support the growth of our volunteer force and provide resource development opportunities (both cash and budget relieving in-kind).
- Support other departments initiatives and priorities in the region, as workload allows, contributing to team spirit.
- Support the mission and program services of Special Olympics Colorado.
Region Customer Service and Engagement
- Collaborate with the Sr. Director of Regional Services to plan a multi-day “caravan,” or region outreach tour.
- Work in tandem with the Athlete Engagement Manager on new athlete onboarding and placement in alignment with Seasonal Registration process.
- Lead in new coach recruitment, orientation, and placement to support the creation of new teams and/or supplementation of coach needs on existing teams.
- Serve as primary liaison for local program coordinators and team coaches and provide daily customer service to support team needs.
- Lead in the execution of regional Family Input Council meetings.
- Work with marketing department on the drafting of the Northeast Regional Newsletter.
- Attend one (1) regional resource fair per quarter in a different community around the region.
- Attend and support all State competitions and attend one (1) regional competition per season.
- Fully participate as a member of the overall Competitive Programs Department in supporting and implementing the strategic direction of the organization as it relates to the Northeast Region.
- Budget development for the region, region fundraisers, and local program accounts, maintaining tracking to ensure all local programs and regional budgets are operating within approved budget for both revenue and expense expectations.
- Support organization’s Unified Leadership, and Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) efforts in alignment with Regional Services team goals.
- Ensure SOCO Risk Management Policies are being adhered.
- Solicit and steward regional sponsors and funders in collaboration with Director of Corporate and Community Partnerships
- Support SOCO signature fundraisers (Polar Plunge, Plane Pull, and Hall of Fame) in the region by promoting events throughout the region and recruiting teams and vendors for the events.
- Coordinate non-development department led fundraising initiatives in the Northeast Region.
- Coordinate third party fundraisers in the region.
- Support the Law Enforcement Torch Run (LETR) department with athlete recruitment for Tip-a-Cop events, as needed.
- Ensure Local Programs are operating within budget and assist with fundraising ideas, as needed.
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission, vision and values of Special Olympics Colorado
- Management experience preferred
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Support other departments contributing to team spirit and sharing of responsibilities
- Sense of humor
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Ability to travel independently throughout the state
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs
- Ability to operate a computer for extended periods
- Applicants will undergo a background check after conditional employment offer
- All other duties as assigned
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Health, Dental and Vision Insurance; Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K plan, Flexible Time Off and Paid holidays. We are willing to consider candidates outside of Colorado, but are unable to provide a relocation package for this position.
The Northeast Regional Manager position is a full-time position with an annual wage range of $52,925-$67,063. A bonus maybe available dependent on organizational performance. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants should email the following to HR@specialolympicsco.org:
- Cover letter (1-page or less) that includes why you want to join the Special Olympics Colorado team and why you feel this position is a good fit for you.
A complete application is required for consideration for this position.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Belonging:
Special Olympics Colorado is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.