Coaches are the key to a successful sport experience for Special Olympics Colorado athletes. The responsibility of a coach is not only to teach sports skills and techniques, but to model outstanding sportsmanship and character. The lessons our athletes learn through sports – teamwork, self-discipline, goal setting and self-confidence – carry over into their everyday lives.
Scroll further to learn more and get involved.
*Please note that coaching opportunities across the state are not guaranteed, but determined by need and availability. Prior coaching experience is not required.
- Weekly practices (days/times vary by sport)
- Must be 16+ years old
- Agrees and abides by the Coaches Code of Conduct
- Assist athletes in learning sports skills and applying them in competitions
- Empower the entire athlete, helping them become healthier through fitness and a healthy lifestyle
- Encourage confidence and self-esteem through sport
- Help to recruit athletes and assistant coaches
- Register athletes for competitions
- Raise funds to support your team
Questions? Reach out!
Denver Regional Manager
Southeast Regional Manager
Northeast Regional Manager
Western Regional Manager