Let’s PULL together to benefit Special Olympics Colorado Athletes!
Thanks to the good folks at Mountain Aviation, all of our teams will have the privilege to pull a 64,000 pound Gulfstream IV!
The 2020 Plane Pull will look very different. While we are thrilled to be offering a fun, yet modified, event at Rocky Mountain Airport in Broomfield, CO please scroll for a full breakdown of the event experience.
Social distancing and mask protocols will be strictly enforced.
We’re excited to open registration for the 2020 Special Olympics Colorado Plane Pull presented by Subway. We have modified this year’s event to provide a fun and safe event for all. Invite your friends and family to join your team or support with a donation from afar.
- Teams will challenge each other to pull an airplane 20 feet across the tarmac in the least amount of time!
- Proceeds from Plane Pull go directly back to the programs we provide year-round at no cost to our athletes or their families.
- In addition to the top fundraising team trophies, Plane Pull trophies will be awarded (post event) to the fastest pulling team in each of these categories: Aviation, Construction & Electric, Corporate, Law Enforcement, Health & Fitness, Hotel, Real Estate, Oil, Gas & Energy, and Technology.
- Interested in volunteering? Since this event is virtual we do not have any on-site needs. However, we are starting an Events Outreach Committee. Please contact Alexandra Vander Pol to learn more.
Please see below modifications for the 2020 Plane Pull:
- Teams of 10 will challenge each other to see who can pull a 64,000 pound plane 20 feet the fastest.
- Team Fundraising Minimum: $1,000. Fundraise individually, as a team, or both and earn fun incentives along the way.
- Teams will be given a Plane Pull time that includes time to arrive, check-in, and go through the COVID screening. The first teams to reach their fundraising minimum of $1,000 will be able to CHOOSE YOUR PULL TIME.
*Everyone must bring their own gloves for pulling the plane (think gardening or work gloves). We will have some extras just in case.
- Although the event will be modified this year, teams will still have the opportunity to take in the breathtaking views at the Rocky Mountain Airport, check-out cool police vehicles and airplanes on display and every participant will receive a sandwich from Subway!
What to expect:
1. Teams will arrive at a designated time before their pull
2. Teams will pull
3. Teams will collect their items and leave.
4. This event is raising critical funds for Special Olympics Colorado
COVID-19 Safety Measures and Event Requirements:
Special Olympics Colorado takes the health and safety of all participants very seriously and as such the following safety measures have been put into place for the 2020 Plane Pull:
- Masks required upon arrival and must stay on for the duration of the event until you are back at your car heading home.
- All teams will be assigned a check-in and pull time and will not be able to gather or check-in until their designated time.
- All participants will go through a COVID screening upon arrival including a temperature check and will be asked to sign a “COVID Code of Conduct and Waiver” in advance.
- Social distancing is required at all times while on site
Placement on the pull rope will be marked so that participants are 6 feet apart
- Parking – we will have staff in the parking lot to help participants park one space apart
- One point of entry and one point of exit
- All participants must bring their own gloves for pulling the plane (think gardening or work gloves). We will have some extras just in case.
- Hand sanitizing stations provided throughout event area
- Participants will be spaced 6 ft apart in the staging area and on the plane pull rope
- Grab n’ go boxed lunches provided by Subway
- For the safety of our participants, partners, and staff, no spectators are allowed this year.
Participants MAY NOT come to the event if they are sick or have been around someone who is sick.
- Special Olympics Colorado strongly discourages anyone who is considered “High Risk” from participating.
- Participants must wear a mask at all times while at the event and maintain a distance of at least 6’ from all people not residing within their immediate household.
- All participants will be asked to sign a waiver in advance as well as a COVID Code of Conduct
In order to be able to accommodate all teams in a short about of time (10am – 4pm), each team will follow a specific path throughout the event from the entrance to the vendor booths, pull area and exit immediately following the pull in order to ensure a safe and fun experience for everyone. Although we can’t spend more time together, at least you’ll be able to still say that you pulled a plane in 2020!
Plane Pull is family friendly! Kids love pulling for a purpose and being part of a team with superhero strength.
Prizes will be awarded to the fastest, slowest, best dressed (Team costumes are a big plus!) teams plus the highest team & individuals fundraisers. Participants can also opt in to receive fundraising incentives during the registration process. Check back for the 2020 Incentives lineup!
Don’t forget to share your personal fundraising link with family and friends!