Thank you to our 2019 LETR Sponsors!
Chick-Fil-A, Chili’s, High Country Beverage, Motorola, Rocky Mountain Law Enforcement Federal Credit Union, Smile Generation, and the Spadorcia Cavo Charitable Fund.
The mission of the Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics is to raise funds for and awareness of the Special Olympics movement worldwide. Special Olympics is a program that daily reaffirms our beliefs that with hope, love and dedication, we can see achievement and self-worth realized by any individual. It is our belief that persons with intellectual disabilities, by their involvement in Special Olympics, show the community at large the true meaning of sport and a pure joy towards life.
Take a look at our Hall of Fame Inductees for their superb dedication and support to Special Olympics Colorado!
Be a Game Changer:
- Organize an LETR Torch Run in your community. Encourage your fellow officers, fire departments, Parks & Rec Centers to be a part of this annual event!
- Start your own “Pop-Up” Tip-A-Cop event at a local restaurant in your community. Ask your Agency Coordinator how to get involved. 100% tips go towards SOCO LETR. Tip-A-Cop Kits available here!
- Become a part of our signature events and serve your community by serving food and earning tips at Red Robin, Chili’s and Texas Roadhouse restaurants.
- Schedule officers to award our athletes with ribbons and medals at SOCO competitions (Calendar of events). Athletes say that the police ofﬁcers involved with LETR give them acceptance, friendship and encouragement.
- Get a team for the Plane Pull presented by Subway and/or a Polar Plunge presented by Westerra event from your department. Ask a local SOCO athlete to join your team.
- Friend SOCO on our LETR Facebook page for fundraising ideas, tips as well as upcoming events. Be sure to work with the staff at Special Olympics Colorado to incorporate themes and messaging.
- Subscribe to the monthly Guardian of the Flame newsletter by contacting email@example.com or email her with suggested story ideas to featured!
- Click HERE to donate to LETR through ColoradoGives.org
- Visit the LETR Resources Page for LETR Contacts, Social Media Toolkits and more
LETR Advisory Board & Executive Council
The Colorado Law Enforcement Torch Run Council is organized for the purpose of managing, promoting, planning, coordinating and growing LETR activities throughout the state of Colorado to accomplish the stated purpose of the Colorado Law Enforcement Torch Run.
If you are interested in serving on our committees, please contact Jan Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Torch Run Recognition
Recognizing the importance of the volunteers that make the Colorado Law Enforcement Torch Run so successful is a top priority! We have created three annual awards, voted on by your peers, and highlighted at our LETR State Kickoff Conference each January: Agency of the Year, Officer of the Year and Rookie of the Year. We also recognize our most prestigious honor which is selected by SOCO leadership and given at the Annual SOCO Hall of Fame event in the Fall.
Nominations due by November 1 each year and the honorees are announced at the LETR State Kickoff Conference. Please complete the official Colorado LETR Honors nomination form and return the form to email@example.com.