Senior Director of Marketing
- Compensation: The Senior Director of Marketing position is a salaried full-time position with an annual salary range of $68,639 - $91,938. A bonus maybe available dependent on organizational performance. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
About Special Olympics Colorado:
Special Olympics Colorado provides year-round sports training and competition for more than 20,000 athletes with intellectual disabilities and unified partners. Through the support of an amazing community of coaches, volunteers, donors, sponsors and partners, Special Olympics Colorado is able to offer hundreds of annual engagements, free of charge, to individuals age 2 and up. For more information about Special Olympics Colorado please visit SpecialOlympicsCO.org
At Special Olympics Colorado, we’re committed to building a diverse, creative, engaged, collaborative, and hard-working team that does the right thing for our athletes, our communities, and each other. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and we celebrate this through recognition and benefit enhancements that reflect our changing times and help our employees create a satisfying work-life balance for themselves and their families.
The Senior Director of Marketing is responsible for overseeing and implementing the communications, marketing, media and branding efforts of Special Olympics Colorado, including cause-marketing campaigns, local and national public education efforts, advertising, advocacy, media relations, social media, website management, corporate partnerships and collateral production.
The Senior Director of Marketing’s purpose is to implement cause-related marketing promotions that generate revenue, event participation and awareness; to develop and steward media partnerships; to encourage the involvement of external audiences such as potential athletes, families, volunteers and donors; to clearly communicate Special Olympics Colorado’s priorities through the office of the CEO with current athletes, families, volunteers and donors; and to support the outreach needs of the program and development departments.
Reports to: President and CEO
- Plan, organize, implement and manage marketing department activities, including advertising, media relations, social media, cause-marketing, collateral production, sponsor recognition.
- Oversee media relations strategy: Function as a media contact, working with team members to prep messages and conduct interviews. Respond to media inquiries. Write press advisories, releases and proactive pitches as needed.
- Serve as a Project Manager to support the overall marketing strategy and needs of the organization’s events and marketing campaigns, ensuring tasks are documented
- Develop annual public education and marketing plan that highlights Special Olympics Colorado athletes and supports the mission and long-range goals of the organization.
- Develop and maintain annual marketing budget
- Create and implement awareness- and revenue-generating marketing campaigns
- Work with team to ensure that sponsorship deliverables are managed and met
- Oversee mass e-blasts including Special Olympics Colorado’s monthly e-newsletter
- Create and implement marketing campaigns for campaigns, such as Colorado State Tax Check-Off, Polar Plunges, Law Enforcement Torch Run, Plane Pull and other campaigns as assigned
- Develop and implement print, video, web and radio campaigns to promote athlete, volunteer, family, event participant and donor involvement
- Develop, hire and manage relationships with paid and pro-bono creative agencies, such as advertising, design, web development, photography, collateral material production and printing
- Develop a strategic plan to increase social media engagement on multiple platforms including Facebook and LinkedIn
- Create in-kind partnerships that result in donated media space, and ability to promote events on a variety of channels (tv, radio, etc.)
- Attend all state competitions and develop public education opportunities and media sponsorships to support state games. Serve as point of contact to all media.
- Create scripts for events, including Opening Ceremonies and fundraising events
- Manage the creation of the Annual Report
- Along with the Marketing Team, oversee the organization’s website and ensure pages are well developed and updated
- Oversee opening and closing ceremonies at state competitions and ensure the event communicates the strength and abilities of Special Olympic Colorado athletes, recognizes sponsors properly and contributes to the athlete experience.
- Work with CEO to deliver presentations and speeches to external and internal audiences.
- Ensure support of program and development department marketing needs.
- Manage a team to ensure that the organization’s marketing needs are met, including the creation of flyers, promotional materials and more.
- Ability to lead and work with team to create promotional and inspirational videos
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission, vision and values of Special Olympics Colorado
- 7+ experience in marketing and communications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work professional experience
- Experience in budgeting, public relations, and management of staff
- Strong understanding of marketing, public outreach and non-profit organization operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years of experience working with Google Analytics and Google AdWords
- Experience utilizing various video editing and creation applications such as Animoto, Adobe Premier, Adobe Spark, iMovie, Lumen5, etc.
- 3+ years of experience creating, utilizing and evaluating social media ads on Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Experience with content marketing including but not limited to writing blog posts, creation of podcasts, etc.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task
- Strong familiarity with social media best practices
- Experience copy editing
- Working knowledge of Mailchimp, Constant Contact, WordPress, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office, iMovie
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Support other departments contributing to team spirit and sharing of responsibilities
- Sense of humor
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Ability to travel independently throughout the state
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs
- Ability to operate a computer for extended periods
- Applicants will undergo a background check after conditional employment offer
- All other duties as assigned
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Health, Dental and Vision Insurance; Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K plan, Flexible Time Off and Paid holidays. We are willing to consider candidates outside of Colorado, but are unable to provide a relocation package for this position.
The Senior Director of Marketing position is a salaried full-time position with an annual salary range of $68,639 – $91,938.
A bonus maybe available dependent on organizational performance. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants should email the following to HR@specialolympicsco.org:
– Cover letter (1-page or less) that includes why you want to join the Special Olympics Colorado team and why you feel this position is a good fit for you.
A complete application is required for consideration for this position.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Special Olympics Colorado is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.