What is the Unified Buddies Program?
The Unified Buddies program was created as a fun and meaningful way for our Special Olympics CO community to stay connected during these unique and socially distant times.
As an Unified Buddy, volunteers will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of social, health and fitness activities alongside Special Olympics CO athletes in a safe, virtual environment.
All activities are designed to bring athletes and volunteers together in ways that promote physical fitness, social and emotional wellness for all participants utilizing various online technology platforms (i.e. Zoom, social media, etc.)
Steps to Become an Unified Buddy
Click here to complete this brief pre-participation survey!
- Choose how you would like to get involved from one of the three options below:
Register to attend a minimum of 2 activities/Zoom sessions from the Unified Buddies Activity Calendar at the bottom of this page (i.e. Unified Bingo, Trivia, etc.).
Volunteer to lead a social activity/Zoom session.
– Lead a fitness routine or workout
– Teach a virtual class or demonstrate a skill
– Lead an arts and crafts activity
– Organize and run a virtual social hour (ie. Bingo, Trivia Game, etc.)