Website and Graphic Design Manager
- Compensation: The Website and Graphic Design Manager position is a salaried full-time position with an annual salary range of $51,000- $65,000.
About Special Olympics Colorado:
Special Olympics Colorado provides year-round sports training and competition for nearly 20,000 athletes with intellectual disabilities and unified partners. Through the support of an amazing community of coaches, volunteers, donors, sponsors and partners, Special Olympics Colorado is able to offer hundreds of annual engagements, free of charge, to individuals age 2 and up. For more information about Special Olympics Colorado please visit SpecialOlympicsCO.org.
At Special Olympics Colorado, we’re committed to building a diverse, creative, engaged, collaborative, and hard-working team that does the right thing for our athletes, our communities, and each other. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and we celebrate this through recognition and benefit enhancements that reflect our changing times and help our employees create a satisfying work-life balance for themselves and their families.
The Website and Graphic Design Manager provides website and design support to more than eight departments within the Special Olympics Colorado umbrella. The Website and Graphic Design Manager works daily to build relationships with Special Olympics Colorado athletes, staff members and community members to most effectively communicate the organization’s mission. This position is responsible for managing numerous projects at once while ensuring that key marketing objectives are being met.
Reports to: Director of Marketing
- Oversee website maintenance and updates as well as analyze and make recommendations for improvements for the user experience
- Recommend and implement SEO and SEM improvements
- Track and analyze marketing analytics to continually expand reach and increase impact of programs
- Oversee and monitor all aspects of our digital assets, including website and social channels
- Support creation and distribution of all public content including Special Olympics Colorado online store, materials, content, etc.
- Be an ambassador for Special Olympics Colorado at all times, including attending events to represent Special Olympics Colorado
- Manage the Special Olympics Colorado website including design, navigational structure and content
- Oversee organizational brand standards and support brand integrity externally and internally, including through advertising, online, email, print, and social media channel
- Provide art direction, management, and implementation for both electronic and printed material for all Special Olympics related programs, events and fundraisers
- Ensure effective and consistent messaging across all channels and with internal and external stakeholders
- Oversee the development of specialty marketing and exhibit materials
- Provide support and input on departmental budgeting
- Create and design various materials for print and digital collateral
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software
- Stay up to date on current marketing trends
- Fulfill other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission, vision and values of Special Olympics Colorado
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in website management, and graphic design.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, graphic arts, design or related area
- Thorough understanding of the design and print production process.
- Time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple complex projects with competing deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in working with various vendor types
- Experience working with content management systems
- Outstanding verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience working with email marketing systems, customer relationship management systems and other marketing database automation tools
- High levels of critical thinking, organization, and the ability to quickly adapt to change
- Detail-focused mindset and ability to independently drive projects forward with urgency
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences
- Ability to work effectively across teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people from all walks of life
- Entrepreneurial spirit, humility, and integrity
- Bilingual/multilingual preferred
- Understanding of Colorado consumers, communities, and media markets.
- Must be able to assess and manage competing priorities
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, InDesign, and other graphic design software
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Support other departments contributing to team spirit and sharing of responsibilities
- Sense of humor Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Ability to travel independently throughout the state
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to operate a computer for extended periods
- Applicants will undergo a background check after conditional employment offer
- All other duties as assigned
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Health, Dental and Vision Insurance; Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K plan, Flexible Time Off and Paid holidays.
We are willing to consider candidates outside of Colorado, but are unable to provide a relocation package for this position.
The Website and Graphic Design Manager position is a salaried full-time position with an annual salary range of $51,000– $65,000. A bonus maybe available dependent on organizational performance. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants should email the following to HR@specialolympicsco.org:
– Cover letter (1-page or less) that includes why you want to join the Special Olympics Colorado team and why youfeel this position is a good fit for you.
-Portfolio of work
A complete application is required for consideration for this position.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Special Olympics Colorado is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.