Great job to everyone that competed in the Winter season! We are proud to have been able to offer all traditional winter sports including figure skating, skiing, snowshoe, cross country, snowboarding this season. Here are some highlights!
- 14 teams trained at Copper Mountain and other sites throughout the state
- An in-person Figure Skating and Speed Skating Competition was safely held
- 45 athletes and partners trained and competed in snowshoe/cross country, with a culminating competition at Wheeler State Park
Check out the links below for additional highlights from our 2021 Winter Sports Season!
Basketball All Star Challenge
Thank you to everyone who competed in our first ever Basketball All Star Skills Challenge! We had 142 athletes participate in this challenge. Special thank you to Kroenke Sports Charities and the Denver Nuggets for creating phenomenal skills videos for our athletes! Please check out all of the links with additional highlights from the challenge below.
This spring, Special Olympics Colorado will be offering the following sports: Athletics (Track and Field), Gymnastics, Powerlifting, Soccer and Swimming. The season will conclude with two State Summer Games taking place on both the Western Slope and the Front Range.
Check out all the updates on the Spring Coaches call recording by clicking here.
Head Coaches Only: If you are the Head Coach of a team and have NOT filled our your Spring Season Interest Form, please do so now by clicking the button below.
What is the seasonal timeline?
- April 1 – June 11: Spring season timeline. Teams practice and train to hone their skills to compete on your own OR attend events hosting by Special Olympics Colorado (see calendar for events).
- Monday, April 19 – Entries for Regional Athletics and Soccer are to be submitted to Susan Foege (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- April 19 – May 12: Teams may request an “Awards Kit” to run an Inter Squad Scrimmage! This would be for teams that are training in Swimming as well as teams that do not feel comfortable attending the event offered by Special Olympics Colorado. Please reach out to your Regional Manager with questions!
- April 11 – May 8: Regional events in Athletics and Powerlifting
- Wednesday, May 12: – entries for those wishing to compete in the 2021 State Summer Games (both Western Slope and Front Range) are to be submitted to Susan Foege (email@example.com)
- Friday, June 4: Virtual Opening Ceremonies
- June 5 or 19: Front Range Summer Games
- Week of June 6: Events taking place all week to celebrate Summer Games
- Saturday, June 12: Western Slope Summer Games
Who can compete?
All teams are eligible to compete. Coaches must submit entry forms for their sport being competed in. Please scroll up on this page to find entry forms by sport. We encourage you to try a new sport to get involved as well!
Who am I competing against?
If you are competing in Inter-Squad Scrimmages then you are competing against your teammates! When you submit an entry form for your team for the 2021 Spring season, your times will be compared to athletes around the state!
What paperwork is necessary for us to compete?
All athletes must have an updated medical form on file and coaches/Unified partners must have an updated Class A registration. New athletes need to have an athlete application filled out as well.
ALL participants MUST have a “Covid-19 Participant Risk Form and Code of Conduct” as well as “Sign-In Sheets” from every practice to be eligible to participate in the 2021 Spring Season.
Entry forms are required to enter Regional and State events with Special Olympics Colorado in the Spring season.
If you need to know an expiration date please contact your Regional Manager
Where can I find Covid-19 updates and general information on competing?
Please visit our Coronvirus webpage for the most up to date information and for all paperwork needed to compete.
How do I submit my results?
Please complete the entry forms and submit them to Susan Foege, firstname.lastname@example.org by the proper deadlines (Regional events – April 19, State Summer Games – May 12) .
What if our season ends early; can we still submit entry forms?
YES! No matter when you end your spring season, you can submit entry forms at any time from now until May 12! That way everyone is competing against everyone in the State event.
Will I get an award?
Everyone that attends a Regional Time Trial event will receive a blue ribbon along with a certificate with events and times listed on it. For our State Summer Games, athletes will receive medals for their events after being compared with those around the state!
I have a general question or I need help? Who can I talk to?
Please contact your regional manager with general questions. Susan Foege (email@example.com), our Senior Director of Competition & Sport is also available for your questions.