- This event has passed.
Colorado Springs Polar Plunge
April 22, 2023 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
***Online Registration is now closed. Day of Registrations are welcome.
Please review the event information below before arriving***
Date: Saturday, April 22, 2022
9:30 AM – Registration and Plunge Plaza sponsored by Heuberger Subaru Opens
10:30 AM – Plunge begins
11:00 AM – Registration closes and After Splash Bash sponsored by Smile Generation Opens at Red Leg Brewing
11:30 AM – Event concludes
Location: Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site
3105 Gateway Rd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80904
$80 fundraising minimum for all adults – or – $50 for students and Special Olympics Colorado athletes.
- A long-sleeve Polar Plunge t-shirt
- Access to Plunge Plaza where we’ll have vendors with giveaways, small bites and more
- Access to the “After Splash Bash” with a complimentary drink ticket and small bites
How to Get Started
- Grab some friends to create a team (2 people or more) and register.
- Come up with a fun team t-shirt or costume (not required but really fun!)
- Choose a Team Captain to lead the charge with fundraising reminders, event day logistics, etc.
- Meet or exceed your fundraising goal by event day to reserve your plunge spot!
Please Read - Safety Measures
- Masks and social distancing are optional per the CDC, state and county guidelines.
- Thanks to the Colorado Springs Fire Department for volunteering their technical rescue team and ensuring the safety of all plungers!
How do I plunge into a pool?
Typically 3-4 Plungers at one time can plunge into the pool from the stage. Plungers will set their belongings on the table near the pool and get in line as a team. 3-4 plungers from one team per plunge. No diving or getting air before jumping as the pool is only 5ft deep. After Plunging, exit using the ladders, grab your belongings and head to the changing tent.
What do I wear to plunge?
We’ve seen plungers wear fun costumes, team t-shirts or bathing suits. NO DIVING SUITS! Shoes are required if you are plunging into an open body of water. Shoes are not allowed in pool plunges as they can tear the pool.
What should I bring?
A towel, change of clothes and dry shoes to wear for the rest of the day. Bring your ID if you are planning to use your complimentary beer or drink ticket at the After Splash Bash.
Where do I change after my plunge?
We will have multiple changing tents that are heated. Some plunge locations have facilities such as heated restrooms that can be used too.
How do I fundraise to reach my minimum?
After you register, you’ll receive an automated email from Classy that says “Claim Your Fundraising Page”. Click on the link to claim and begin using your personal fundraising link. Share your personalized link emails with a personal note to family and friends on social media. The fundraising minimum for adults to plunge is $80 and $50 for Special Olympics Colorado athletes and students.
What happens if I don't reach my fundraising minimum to plunge?
If you’re plunging with a team, check with your Team Captain for support. If you’re plunging individually, you do need to reach your minimum in order to participate.