- This event has passed.
Trinidad Polar Plunge
February 27 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Thank you to everyone who participated in this year’s Trinidad Polar Plunge! We had 35 plungers and $6,300 raised in support of Special Olympics Colorado.
presented by Westerra Credit Union
Fee: $75 Fundraising Minimum
Plungers receive a long-sleeve Polar Plunge t-shirt.
*Start times for the plunge will be in waves starting at 11:00 AM (may fluctuate a little bit depending on city ordinance).
* Last start time will be 1:30 PM (if needed)
Each plunge will award “top fundraising trophies” to the categories below and one “team spirit” trophy:
Highest Fundraising Team Overall, Highest Fundraising Individual, and Highest Fundraising Law Enforcement Team.
PLEASE READ – Event Health and Safety Modifications
- Before entering the registration line, all participants will need to go through the medical screening area where you’ll be checked for your temperature and mask.
- Must sign up for a plunge in order to comply with the city ordinance.
- No spectators (we’re sorry!). In order to stay within city ordinance and get participants through quickly, we can’t have spectators this year.
- The entrance into the water from the beach (the Plunge) will have three “swim” rows marked by ropes with buoys spaced 6ft apart. Teams will plunge in groups of at least three and be socially distanced while waiting in line.
- We will have multiple changing tents that can accommodate no more than 2 people (from different households), or 4 people from the same household.
- The Polar Plunge Team Captain will be the primary point of contact between their team and the Event Director. The Team Captain will be responsible for disseminating reminders and important updates to their team (i.e. separate transportation to the event, meeting time and place, mask reminders. Event logistics and safety measures, etc).
- Teams larger than 10 may be split into two or more different wave times. This is all dependent on the city ordinance 2 weeks prior to the event.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
All attendees will be required to follow state, local and venue-specific safety protocols.