Content Creations Internship
About Special Olympics Colorado:
Special Olympics Colorado provides year-round sports training and competition for over 20,500 athletes with intellectual disabilities and unified partners. Through the support of an amazing community of coaches, volunteers, donors, sponsors and partners, Special Olympics Colorado is able to offer hundreds of annual engagements, free of charge, to individuals age 2 and up. For more information about Special Olympics Colorado please visit SpecialOlympicsCO.org.
At Special Olympics Colorado, we’re committed to building a diverse, creative, engaged, collaborative, and hard-working team that does the right thing for our athletes, our communities, and each other. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and we celebrate this through recognition and benefit enhancements that reflect our changing times and help our employees create a satisfying work-life balance for themselves and their families.
About the Internship:
The Marketing Intern is responsible for assisting Special Olympics Colorado’s (SOCO’s) marketing team in its efforts to increase public’s awareness of our mission across Colorado. This position will be heavily involved in content creation, event support and various marketing initiatives to key stakeholders.
Special Olympics Colorado seeks an energetic team-player with a passion for our mission and eye for capturing and telling fantastic stories. This is a for credit, unpaid internship position.
Reports to: Marketing Content Manager
- Content development: Shooting and creating athlete-centric videos, taking photos for the website and social media, design of basic social graphics
- Assist in the maintenance and planning of the social calendar
- Update, manage and grow community calendars
- Assist marketing team with event promotion: social, graphics, day-of support, etc.
- Assist with the Unified Champions School (Facebook and Instagram)
- Assist with post event social media analytics
- Perform additional duties as needed
- Current student, recent graduate or graduate student in marketing, journalism, communications or similar discipline
- Ability to work a minimum of 20 hours per week while providing their own transportation to/from events
- Day of event support – on-site social media support, event set-up, tear down, etc. (weekend support)
- Ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Knowledge & experience with basic video production & still photography
- Knowledge and experience with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, YouTube)
- Experience with Adobe applications (Premiere, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Proven superior verbal and written communication skills
- High energy and passion for Special Olympics Colorado’s mission is essential
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player and to take initiative
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to be cleared to work through background screening process
- Experience as a student working for a college newspaper, TV or radio station, website, college SID office or in a communications department of a sports organization a plus
This is an unpaid internship. Credit is available for students.
Interested applicants should email the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter (1-page or less) that includes why you want to join the Special Olympics Colorado team and why you feel this position is a good fit for you.
A complete application is required for consideration for this position.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Special Olympics Colorado is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.