About Special Olympics Colorado:
Special Olympics Colorado provides year-round sports training and competition for over 20,500 athletes with intellectual disabilities and unified partners. Through the support of an amazing community of coaches, volunteers, donors, sponsors and partners, Special Olympics Colorado is able to offer hundreds of annual engagements, free of charge, to individuals age 2 and up. For more information about Special Olympics Colorado please visit SpecialOlympicsCO.org.
At Special Olympics Colorado, we’re committed to building a diverse, creative, engaged, collaborative, and hard-working team that does the right thing for our athletes, our communities, and each other. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and we celebrate this through recognition and benefit enhancements that reflect our changing times and help our employees create a satisfying work-life balance for themselves and their families.
About the Internship:
This is an intern position with flexible hours (working up to 20 hours a week) reporting to the UCS Manager. This position will require a broad understanding of various modern gaming systems (Playstat ion 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PC) and popular games (Fortnite, Rocket League, NBA2K, Madden, FIFA, NHL, etc). This position will have the responsibility of assisting with exploratory and beta testing process with a focus on high schools. This role will primarily support Special Olympics staff and school staff with project management, implementation, and evaluation.
The Esports Intern will assist the UCS Manager in a number of duties that will include but
are not limited to;
- Develop surveys to be used for evaluating the esports & gaming programs, as well as Unified
- Communicate regularly with participants, teachers, and coaches
- Ability to play games with athletes and participants
- Weekly meetings with supervisor
- Create graphi cs for social media
- Create highlight reels from events
- Engage with athletes/participants through social media (Facebook, Instagram, Discord)
- Assist with creation of esports resources for teachers
- Create registrations for tournaments
- Plan, organize and im plement esports gaming nights, competitions and events
- Other duties as assigned
This position is an unpaid internship. Hours will be documented for service learning hours and/or experience purposes .
Interested applicants should email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
– Cover letter (1-page or less) that includes why you want to join the Special Olympics Colorado team and why youfeel this position is a good fit for you.
A complete application is required for consideration for this position.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Special Olympics Colorado is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.