Western Unified Champion Schools Internship
About Special Olympics Colorado:
Special Olympics Colorado provides year-round sports training and competition for over 20,500 athletes with intellectual disabilities and unified partners. Through the support of an amazing community of coaches, volunteers, donors, sponsors and partners, Special Olympics Colorado is able to offer hundreds of annual engagements, free of charge, to individuals age 2 and up. For more information about Special Olympics Colorado please visit SpecialOlympicsCO.org.
At Special Olympics Colorado, we’re committed to building a diverse, creative, engaged, collaborative, and hard-working team that does the right thing for our athletes, our communities, and each other. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and we celebrate this through recognition and benefit enhancements that reflect our changing times and help our employees create a satisfying work-life balance for themselves and their families.
About the Internship:
The UCS Intern will assist the UCS Manager in a number of duties that will include but are not limited to:
- Attend and assist with event management at all UCS events during specified internship time frame and support all aspects of each event, including volunteer training, registrations, officials trainings, awards, and souvenir sales
- Support event planning logistics
- Support data entry for all UCS competitions
- Assist with State Youth Activation Committee (meeting planning, communication, event planning & more)
- Support marketing initiatives for all UCS tournaments and fundraisers
- Assist with College Campus involvement initiatives and SO College membership
- Other duties as assigned
Time Frame:Spring: January June; Summer: June August; Fall: August December
This position is an unpaid internship. Hours will be documented for service learning hours and/or experience purposes.
If interested, please contact the Unified Champion Schools Coordinator, Seth Krebill:
Office Address: 326 Main St. Grand Junction, CO 81501
– Cover letter (1-page or less) that includes why you want to join the Special Olympics Colorado team and why you feel this position is a good fit for you.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Special Olympics Colorado is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.