Western Regional Coordinator
- Compensation: The Western Regional Coordinator position is a full-time position with an annual range of $33,300 - $50,000.
About Special Olympics Colorado:
Special Olympics Colorado provides year-round sports training and competition for nearly 16,000 athletes with intellectual disabilities and unified partners. Through the support of an amazing community of coaches, volunteers, donors, sponsors and partners, Special Olympics Colorado is able to offer hundreds of annual engagements, free of charge, to individuals age 2 and up. For more information about Special Olympics Colorado please visit SpecialOlympicsCO.org.
At Special Olympics Colorado, we’re committed to building a diverse, creative, engaged, collaborative, and hard-working team that does the right thing for our athletes, our communities, and each other. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and we celebrate this through recognition and benefit enhancements that reflect our changing times and help our employees create a satisfying work-life balance for themselves and their families.
The Western Regional Coordinator is responsible for supporting and providing quality customer service for all athletes, coaches, and local program coordinators in the Western Region. They are responsible for managing team development in their Region so that teams comply with Special Olympics Colorado policies and standards, and Special Olympics International general rules. The Western Regional Coordinator will support regional growth, outreach, engagement, and fundraising activities throughout the region. The position is based on the western slope of Colorado.
People who thrive in this role tend to:
- Have a passion for sport and working with individuals with intellectual disabilities
- Work well with a wide range of different personalities
- Be a self-starter able to work independently
- Be fulfilled by a fast-paced, continually evolving environment
- Multitask well and can balance a complex and full workload
Reports to: Senior Director of Regional Services
- Serve as an extension of the State office by cultivating the creation and implementation of a comprehensive outreach plan to attract more athletes, coaches, volunteers, and other constituents to the SOCO movement
- Ensure timely and comprehensive ongoing communication with Local Programs, Schools, Coaches, Volunteers, Donors, Families and the Media.
- Meet annual growth expectations for new athletes as well as retention of current athletes and local programs.
- Provide information, support, and direction to all inquiries regarding individual participation for potential athletes and families.
- Recruit, train, and support new local programs and community teams.
- Assist in the seamless transition of athletes from school-based to community programs and teams.
- Identify and steward partnerships within the region with philanthropic groups such as Knight of Columbus, Lions Clubs, and other service organizations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local businesses to impact volunteer force and provide resource development opportunities (both cash and budget relieving in-kind).
- Support other departments when workload allows contributing to team spirit and sharing of responsibilities.
- Support the mission and program services of SOCO.
Region Customer Service and Engagement
- Collaborate with the Sr Director of Regional Services to strategically plan multi-day “caravan”
- Work in tandem with the Athlete Engagement Manager on new athlete onboarding and placement in alignment with Seasonal Registration process.
- Lead in new coach recruitment, orientation, and placement to support the creation of new teams and/or supplementation of coach needs on existing teams.
- Serve as primary liaison for local program coordinators and team coaches and provide daily customer service to support team needs.
- Lead in the execution of regional Family Input Council meetings.
- Work with the marketing department on the drafting and distribution of the Regional Newsletter.
- Attend one (1) regional resource fair per quarter in a different community around the region.
- Attend and support State Winter Games and State Summer Games.
- Fully participate as a member of the overall Programs team in supporting and implementing the strategic direction of the organization as it relates to the Western Region
- Budget development and tracking to ensure all local programs and regional budgets are operating within approved budget for both revenue and expense expectations.
- Prepare all reports and paperwork accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Support organization’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts in alignment with Regional Services team goals.
- Ensure SOCO Risk Management Policies are being adhered.
- Solicit and steward regional sponsors and funders in collaboration with Director of Corporate and Community Partnerships
- Coordinate non-development department led fundraising initiatives in the Western Region.
- Coordinate third-party fundraisers in the region.
- Support the Law Enforcement Torch Run department with athlete recruitment for Tip-a-Cop events
- Ensure Local Programs are operating within budget and assist with fundraising ideas when needed.
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission, vision and values of Special Olympics Colorado
- Management experience preferred
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Support other departments contributing to team spirit and sharing of responsibilities
- Sense of humor
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
- Ability to travel independently throughout the state
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs
- Ability to operate a computer for extended periods
- Applicants will undergo a background check after conditional employment offer
- All other duties as assigned
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Health, Dental and Vision Insurance; Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K plan, Flexible Time Off and Paid holidays.
We are willing to consider candidates outside of Colorado, but are unable to provide a relocation package for this position.
The Western Regional Coordinator position is a full-time position with an annual range of $33,300 – $50,000. A bonus maybe available dependent on organizational performance. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants should email the following to HR@specialolympicsco.org:
– Cover letter (1-page or less) that includes why you want to join the Special Olympics Colorado team and why you feel this position is a good fit for you.
A complete application is required for consideration for this position.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Special Olympics Colorado is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.