As our Director of Young Athletes, Mandi DeWitt, said in the third Young Athletes Gross Motor Skills session, it’s important to try do other things besides sitting in front of a screen all day. Due to virtual learning, kids are staring at screens more than ever before. Not only are they staring at screens for entertainment, but it’s now how a majority of America’s children are being educated.
It’s time to “Tame the Tube!” There are so many activities kids can do that don’t involve watching TV.
Here are a few ways you can tame the tube:
- Read a book
- Dance to your favorite song
- Take a walk around the neighborhood
- Write a poem or short story
- Practice skills of your favorite sport
- Play outside with your sibling, pet or neighbor
- Learn to bike, skateboard or ride a scooter
- Play your favorite game
- Have a picnic in the park
- Rake the leaves in your yard