Donor Relations Manager
- Compensation: The Donor Relations Manager position is a salaried full-time position with an annual salary range of $43,745 - $61,000. A bonus maybe available dependent on organizational performance. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
About Special Olympics Colorado:
Special Olympics Colorado provides year-round sports training and competition for nearly 16,000 athletes with intellectual disabilities and unified partners. Through the support of an amazing community of coaches, volunteers, donors, sponsors and partners, Special Olympics Colorado is able to offer hundreds of annual engagements, free of charge, to individuals age 2 and up. For more information about Special Olympics Colorado please visit SpecialOlympicsCO.org.
At Special Olympics Colorado, we’re committed to building a diverse, creative, engaged, collaborative, and hard-working team that does the right thing for our athletes, our communities, and each other. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and we celebrate this through recognition and benefit enhancements that reflect our changing times and help our employees create a satisfying work-life balance for themselves and their families.
Special Olympics Colorado is seeking an experienced development professional to develop and implement engagement and fundraising strategies to enhance and grow revenue with assigned individual donors.
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
- Work to cultivate existing and new donor relationships with the intent of sustaining and increasing donor engagement and support.
- Increase funding from current donors, which includes setting and achieving goals, managing touchpoints, and tracking in Raiser’s Edge.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of prospects capable of making significant gifts in order to secure gift commitments.
- Strive to meet and exceed measurable targets for each fiscal year (e.g., personal visits, stewardship activities, solicitations).
- Build solid working relationships with staff and other key personnel to achieve successful fundraising and nurture a culture of philanthropic support.
- Work to further the goals of the organization by effectively motivating and engaging volunteers, as appropriate.
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to senior leaders.
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating lasting relationships with donors.
- Support and partner with the Chief Development Officer on all major fundraising initiatives.
- Research and analyze information about individuals to identify potential sources of funding for operating support and new initiatives and invite them to become philanthropic partners.
- Manage monthly giving program including stewarding current monthly donors and creating a plan to convert one- time donors into monthly donors.
- Responsible for the management and implementation of Colorado Gives Day and Giving Tuesday campaigns for the organization and meeting established fundraising goals.
- Serve as liaison to Special Olympics International on all donor related matters, including integrated Direct Marketing (IDMP) program.
- Work with the Development Team to create points of entry and other events to steward current donors and introduce new individuals to the organization and cultivate their interest and involvement.
- Coordinate closely with the Development Department and the Marketing Department to calendar activity and deliver donor-centric collateral and communications.
- Attend and support Special Olympics Colorado’s athletic competitions and fundraising events.
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission, vision and values of Special Olympics Colorado.
- Three to five years of donor relations experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work professional experience.
- Professional and friendly demeanor.
- Strong computer skills are essential, including being able to manage data related to individual contacts and donation history (Experience using Raiser’s Edge is preferred).
- A passion for improving the lives of those with intellectual disabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to plan and administer a variety of fundraising and donor cultivation events.
- Proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Strong self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Support other departments contributing to team spirit and sharing of responsibilities.
- Sense of humor.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed.
- Ability to travel independently throughout the state.
- Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Ability to operate a computer for extended periods.
- Applicants will undergo a background check after conditional employment offer.
- All other duties as assigned.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes Health, Dental and Vision Insurance; Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability Insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts, 401K plan, Flexible Time Off and Paid holidays.
We are willing to consider candidates outside of Colorado, but are unable to provide a relocation package for this position.
The Donor Relations Manager position is a salaried full-time position with an annual salary range of $43,745 – $61,000. A bonus maybe available dependent on organizational performance. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants should email the following to HR@specialolympicsco.org:
– Cover letter (1-page or less) that includes why you want to join the Special Olympics Colorado team and why youfeel this position is a good fit for you.
A complete application is required for consideration for this position.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Special Olympics Colorado is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.